FB Plugin

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Bacon Candy

I pretty much only use the oven to cook bacon any more.  If I need just a piece of two, I'll fry it or nuke it, but to do up a pound of bacon, the oven is the easiest way to go.  I put extra bacon (for a family of 3 bacon-consumers, a pound should produce leftovers, ahem) in a ziptop bag in the fridge for sandwiches or snacks later in the week.

Baking also lends itself well to making what I call "bacon candy".  I do not recommend making this a frequent part of your normal breakfast, but every now and then isn't so bad.  Please consume bacon responsibly ;-)

Bacon Candy
Makes many reasonable servings, or 2 or 3 Jethro servings

1 lb. bacon
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp BBQ seasoning

Lay the bacon in a single layer on a rack placed on a rimmed baking sheet (I usually need two pans for a full pound).  You may want to put some foil on the baking sheet to help clean-up later.


Combine the brown sugar and BBQ seasoning.  Sprinkle liberally over the bacon.  Bake 15-20 minutes at 400F. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment