FB Plugin

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Nell's Pork Medallions

I got the original recipe from a friend's cooking blog (Nell Cooks).  It was an instant hit at my house in all demographic areas.  This is how a fried pork tenderloin should taste.  Fortuitously, it lends itself well to freeze-ahead preparation. 

For full cooking directions, check Nell's blog.  Here is how I make this freezer-friendly.

I've made this with pork loin and pork tenderloin, with good results both ways.  For 1 lb. of meat, I need 1/3 cup flour, 1 egg and 1 cup of bread crumbs for dredging.  Scale up as needed for your dinner crowd/freezer needs.  Also, b/c I don't  have store bought seasoned breadcrumbs on hand, I grind up bread in my food processor and add 3/4 tsp lemon pepper per cup of breadcrumbs.  If you any extra of this mustard bread, grind it up as an outstanding stand-in for pre-seasoned crumbs.



Nell's Pork Medallions for the Freezer
Makes 4 servings

1 lb. pork loin or tenderloin, cut into 1" slices
salt and pepper
1/3 cup flour
1 egg, beaten
1 cup bread crumbs + 3/4 tsp lemon pepper
Lemon, cut into wedges for serving

Pound each slice of pork with a meat mallet, once per side, to flatten it.  Season the meat with salt and pepper to taste.
Before and after

Dredge each slice in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs.  Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.  When all slices are dredged, freeze the cookie sheet.  Transfer the cutlets, when fully frozen, to a freezer bag for storage.
Freezer-ready cutlets

To cook, do not thaw.  Follow Nell's directions for browning and steaming the cutlets here (she explains it way better than I do).

My "steampot"

Pin It

2 comments: