FB Plugin

Monday, July 25, 2011

Cafe au lait jello

I ordered a small iced coffee this morning at Dunkin' Donuts (my sin wagon of choice).  Unexpectedly, the chap at the drive-through window handed me a vat of coffee big enough to bathe in and said it was on the house.  As nice as a freebie is, I can't drink that much coffee (after the two at-home cups ::blush::) without serious damage to my stomach lining but I hate to waste free anything.  So we have grown-up jello for dessert tonight :D

This is a good idea for using up partial pots of coffee, or you can make some coffee special for it if you really want.


Cafe au lait jello
Makes 4 servings

1 3/4 cup coffee, flavored and sweetened to taste
1/4 cup milk
1 packet unflavored gelatin
Whipped cream (optional)

Sprinkle gelatin over cold milk in a 4-cup measuring cup with a spout.  Let stand 5 minutes.  Heat coffee just to a boil in the microwave.  Whisk hot coffee into milk-gelatin mixture.  Whisk for 2 minutes.  Pour into 4 6 oz. custard cups.  Fridge for at least 4 hours.  Serve with whipped cream, if desired. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment