FB Plugin

Monday, June 6, 2011

Tuna Ramen

This is going to become my new "back-pocket" menu...that is, the meal I keep the ingredients for on hand for days that I've forgotten to thaw something, don't have any prep or cooking time, haven't been to the store and just need a quick dinner to throw together out of pantry ingredients.  And it's yummy.

You can switch up the vegetables, protein, stock and noodle flavor to keep things interesting and/or suit available ingredients.  Use a can of cooked beans, or if you have some on hand, leftover chicken, pork or beef.  Match the ramen noodle flavor to your protein, if you like, and match up the flavor of stock as well.  If you have fresh veggies, use those. 

Be sure to use sodium-free stock, homemade or store-bought, as the seasoning packet with the ramen is plenty salty.  Tonight, I used 2 cups of homemade shrimp stock with 2 cups of water because that was what I had on hand.  If I had had a full quart, I'd have used that. 


Tuna Ramen
Makes 4 servings

2 5 oz. cans tuna, drained
2 cups frozen vegetables
4 cups shrimp stock
2 packages Oriental flavor ramen noodles with seasoning packets

Put tuna, veggies, stock and contents of seasoning packets in a large pot.  Stir well and bring to a boil.  Add the noodles and boil 3 minutes.  Serve hot. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment